HOW DO I KNOW WHEN TO REPLACE MY WINDSHIELD?
- If it’s broken or “basag”, with crack or “lamat’. Some people will say that it’s still ok, but if it hampers visibility at all, whether because of cracks, chips, or scratches, then we recommend you to replace your windshield. This is for our own protection and to avoid accidents when driving.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TEMPERED AND LAMINATED GLASS?
Laminated glass is glass with a plastic interlayer known as polyvinyl butyral (PVB). Upon a strong enough impact, cracks form on the glass, most commonly known as a spider web. It is considered safe because there is little to no risk of sharp shards breaking off and hurting anyone nearby. Also, visibility is only minimally impaired.
Tempered glass, sometimes referred to as toughened glass, undergoes a process of heating and cooling to strengthen it. However, when hit hard enough, tempered glass tends to shatter into small pieces.
HOW LONG DOES A WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT TAKE?
- A replacement might take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the vehicle and the kind of installation. No need for you to leave your vehicle with us overnight. Our accredited service providers can install it while you wait. Polyurethane is superior to silicone, as silicone is only a sealant and not an adhesive. Users of silicone, typically paired with butyl tape, frequently report rusting of their pinch weld. Proper polyurethane acts as both a sealant and an adhesive, minimizing the risk of rust by not only keeping the windshield or rear window in place but also sealing it against water. Comglasco Aguila Glass uses only high-quality polyurethane to ensure good and proper installation every time.
IS POLYURATHENE BETTER THAN SILICONE?
- Polyurethane is superior to silicone as silicone is really only a sealant and not an adhesive. Users of
silicone, usually paired with butyl tape, also usually experience rusting of their pinch weld. Proper
polyurethane acts as both sealant and adhesive, guaranteeing that not only does your windshield or
backglass stay in place, but it is also sealed from water and will therefore minimize the risk of rusting. Comglasco Aguila Glass only uses high-quality polyurethane, ensuring a good, proper installation every
CAN YOU SERVICE MY VEHICLE AT HOME OR IN THE OFFICE?
- We deliver! We call it “offsite installation”, you can call and reach out to us to schedule a delivery and our high caliber installers can install offsite. The best part is that we can cater you because we have branches all over Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
DO YOU SELL ACRYLIC?
Yes, we have 2 types of acrylic (1) Casted Acrylic and (2) Extruded Acrylic.
(1) CASTED ACRYLIC SHEETS, as the name suggests, is manufactured by a process whereby MMA (Methyl Methacrylate Monomer) liquid is pumped into a mold made from two sheets of glass. Casted Acrylic sheets lend themselves to ease fabrication. Cutting with a conventional saw will give you a cleaner cut.
(2) EXTRUDED ACRYLIC SHEETS are produced by continuously pushing acrylic mass through a form, while the chemical process takes place.