Revolutionize Your Building with Aluminum Composite Panels and Flat Laminated Glass of Comglasco Aguila Glass
Comglasco Aguila Glass is the leading distributor of automotive glass in the Philippines, and offers exclusively aluminum composite panels and flat laminated glass for building needs.
In an ever-changing world of knowledge and technology, architectural professionals are always looking for ways to improve their skills in structural design and integrity to enhance their portfolio for clients. Buildings constructed in the 1950s or 1960s have evolved significantly compared to what is trending in the present age. Thus, even the materials used for both the interior and exterior have advanced for a much better presentation of the building to the public. Due to the constant innovation and demand in the architectural industry, Comglasco Aguila Glass has diversified its product lines by including architectural products such as Aluminum Composite Panels and Flat Laminated Glass.
Aluminum Composite Panels (ACPs) for Building Design and Durability
Architects have long utilized Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP) for their diverse range of colors, textures, and finishes, as well as the material’s versatility in various applications. The question is, where are ACPs commonly employed to showcase their flexibility and adaptability?
Comglasco Aguila Glass’ Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP), also known as Aluminum Composite Material (ACM), are a popular building material used in the construction industry for cladding purposes but mostly for their durability, lightweight, weather resistance, and versatility. An ACP is a flat panel constructed of two thin aluminum sheets bonded to a non-aluminum core, typically made of polyethylene or fire-resistant mineral-filled core.
Aluminum Composite Panels (ACPs) offer a variety of colors, textures, and finishes, making them versatile such as gloss, matte, metallic, and brushed, among other materials for decorative purposes in various settings such as commercial and residential buildings, public spaces, and art installations. Designers can take advantage of these features to freely express their aesthetic ideas and manifest their appeal in any space or structure.
Key Features and Benefits of Comglasco Aguila Glass' Aluminum Composite Panels (ACPs):
- Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP) are widely used in the construction industry for their durability, lightweight, weather resistance, and versatility.
- ACP is a flat panel consisting of two thin aluminum sheets bonded to a non-aluminum core.
- ACPs come in diverse colors, textures, and finishes, making them suitable for decorative purposes.
- ACPs can be used in various settings, including commercial and residential buildings, public spaces, and art installations.
- Designers can take advantage of the versatility of ACPs to freely express their aesthetic ideas and manifest their appeal in any space or structure.
- ACPs are commonly used for decorative purposes, enhancing the exterior and interior appearance of buildings.
- ACPs can be applied to wall cladding, partitions, and false ceilings, among other applications.
Flat Laminated Glass for Safety, Security, Sound Insulation, and UV Protection
Nowadays, adding glass to one’s home is not only for aesthetic reasons but also for security purposes. Hence, an alternative to ordinary glass is Flat Laminated Glass. This type of glass has gained popularity among architectural professionals for its many uses and benefits.
How is Flat Laminated Glass made? Laminated safety glass is made by sandwiching two or more panes of glass (usually float glass) with a layer of viscous plastic in between. The glass panes are joined together in a pressurized vessel called an autoclave, where the sandwich is heated simultaneously to create a solid bond between the layers. When laminated safety glass breaks, the broken glass pieces remain attached to the tear-resistant plastic layer, preventing the glass from shattering and improving overall safety. The broken sheet of glass remains transparent, allowing for continued visibility through the glass.
Comglasco Aguila Glass’ Flat Laminated glass is commonly used in buildings located in areas of the Philippines that are prone to natural disasters, such as typhoons, earthquakes, and landslides. This is due to its superior safety feature stated earlier, where its frame will remain intact, which can help minimize collateral damage caused by such events.
It is crucial to implement high-level security measures for buildings that are most likely targets of robbery, such as banks and jewelry stores, since these establishments are at a high risk of break-ins. This is where the flat laminated glass comes in, as it boasts its strength and can withstand attempted break-ins, reducing the risk of successful robbery. If a break does occur, the interlayered structure of the glass holds up and prevents it from shattering into pieces, producing only cracks instead. This makes it difficult for burglars to widen the gap and gain entry, improving the overall security of the building.
Key Features and Benefits of Comglasco Aguila Glass' Flat Laminated Glass:
- Superior safety feature: the frame remains intact even when the glass breaks, minimizing collateral damage caused by natural disasters such as typhoons, earthquakes, and landslides.
- High-level security: the strength of flat laminated glass makes it an ideal choice for establishments at high risk of break-ins, such as banks and jewelry stores. The interlayered structure of the glass prevents it from shattering into pieces, making it difficult for burglars to gain entry.
- Heat reduction: despite its clear coating, flat laminated glass reduces heat emitted from direct sunlight, keeping the room well-ventilated and reducing the electricity consumption of air conditioning units.
- Noise reduction: the thicker the flat laminated glass, the more evident its soundproofing quality becomes, making it ideal for recording booths, hotels, and similar establishments where noise pollution must be eliminated.
Comglasco Aguila Glass understands that making informed decisions about building design and construction can be overwhelming, and that's why they have provided this information in a simple and brief manner to make the best choices for those who need it for their projects. If you have any questions or concerns, their team is glad to assist you in any way they can. You can reach out to them through their website or visit their nearest branch to speak to a representative or their autoglass technicians. Don't hesitate to ask for their help as they are always happy to assist you with your needs.